Press Release: MyHSR Corporation to Appoint Firm for Social Impact Assessment (SIA) Work on 15 November 2017
- MyHSR Corporation Sdn Bhd (‘MyHSR Corp’) will call for a tender to appoint the Social Impact Assessment (‘SIA’) consultant for the Kuala Lumpur – Singapore High Speed Rail (‘KL-SG HSR’) project on 17 November 2017. The appointed consultant will be required to complete an independent assessment on the social and land use impact arising from the implementation of the KL-SG HSR project within Malaysia.
- This SIA study, a requirement under the Town and Country Plan Act 1976 (Act 172) for government mega projects, aims to determine and analyse the social and land use impact arising from the three (3) stages of the KL-SG HSR project development, which are pre-construction (planning and design), construction and operations. The consultants are also required to identify effective mitigation measures for implementation.
- The independent SIA study will provide an avenue for the public to share their feedback on matters relating to land acquisition, environmental impact and heritage preservation. Additionally, the SIA consultant will be assessing the feedback provided by the public through the ongoing Public Inspection exercise, which commenced on 1 November, regarding the proposed KL-SG HSR project alignment and implementation plan.
- Dato’ Mohd Nur Ismal Mohamed Kamal, CEO of MyHSR Corp said, “We encourage firms with relevant experience to participate in the tender to ensure that the KL-SG HSR project is implemented to international standards, not only from the project implementation angle, but also in terms of managing the social and environmental aspects.”
- The tender is open to experienced companies registered with the Ministry of Finance, while individual consultants from companies that are responsible to conduct the study must be registered either with the Malaysia Institute of Planner or the Malaysia Social Impact Association.
- For more information, interested firms can visit MyHSR Corp’s website at http://www.myhsr.com.my/tenders/kl-sg-hsr-project at 12:00am on Friday, 17 November 2017.