Press Release: MyHSR Corp to Launch Project Delivery Partner (‘PDP’) Tender for the Kuala Lumpur – Singapore High Speed Rail Project
- MyHSR Corporation Sdn Bhd (‘MyHSR Corp’) will call for a tender to appoint the Project Delivery Partner (‘PDP’) for the Kuala Lumpur – Singapore High Speed Rail (‘KL-SG HSR’) project on 22 November 2017.
- The PDP will be responsible to develop the detailed design for the infrastructure works which includes the station and the alignment structures (i.e. bridges, tunnels and embankments) within Malaysia and construct these works on budget and on time. In addition to the detailed design and delivery of the infrastructure works (detailed design and delivery), the PDP will also be required to assist with interface management, land acquisition processes and stakeholder engagement activities.
- The PDP and upcoming Assets Company (‘AssetsCo’) tenders are two major procurement exercises at this current stage of the KL-SG HSR project. The PDP tender focuses on the civil infrastructure portion of the project, while the AssetsCo tender, expected to be launched by end of this year, focuses on systems and trains. Both tenders are expected to be completed in 2018.
- Since the signing of the Bilateral Agreement in December 2016, the KL-SG HSR project has progressed rapidly. Prime Minister YAB Dato’ Sri Najib Tun Razak has recently unveiled the concept designs for the seven HSR stations in Malaysia, and MyHSR Corp is currently in the midst of its Public Inspection exercise, which lasts for three months from 1 November 2017 until 31 January 2018. In addition, the Environmental Impact Assessment (‘EIA’) study for the KL-SG HSR project is underway.
- Dato’ Mohd Nur Ismal Mohamed Kamal, CEO of MyHSR Corp said, “This PDP tender marks the start of the next phase of this exciting project. With the appointment of the PDP, the civil works for the Malaysian infrastructure portion of the KL-SG HSR project will begin in earnest. This tender is open to all interested parties with experience in the design, construction and project management of railway infrastructure.”
- For more information, interested firms can visit MyHSR Corp’s website at http://www.myhsr.com.my/tenders/kl-sg-hsr-project at 12:00am on Wednesday, 22 November 2017.